Archive for category About REI
Larry W. Tims — Sales Instructor
- Over 24 years in the real estate profession
- 15 years as Broker of Record
- Served as Director of NCCBOR, DAR and represented Delaware as a Director of the National Association of REALTORS
- Served as Treasurer of both NCCBOR and DAR
- Chaired Finance committees of NCCBOR and DAR
- Chaired Professional Standards Committee of NCCBOR
- Served as Board Chair of Western Branch YMCA and participated on many committees
- Past Dean of Education for Delaware Association of Realtors and Chair of Education Committee for Delaware Association of Realtors
- Past Member Education Committee National Association of Realtors
James J. Woods, Jr., — Law Instructor
Areas of Concentration
Residential and commercial real estate closings, personal injury and insurance litigation, general litigation, landlord-tenant issues, leases and other contracts, mortgage fraud cases.
Noteworthy cases: Jones v. State Farm, Del. Supr. (uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage extends to punitive damages absent express exclusion); Devaney v. Nationwide, Del. Supr. (insurer that disregarded its own doctor’s opinion may be liable for bad faith); Dunlap v. State Farm, Del. Supr. (insurer that interfered with its insured’s settlement with third party may have violated implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing)
Delaware Supreme Court Rules Committee, 2003-date
- President, Board of Directors of Legal Services Corp. of Delaware, 2000 – date
- Member of Delaware Bar Association and Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- Certified by Delaware Real Estate Commission to teach both law and mathematics in the pre-licensing and broker’s courses (2-4 courses plus seminars taught each year)
- Author, Guest Statutes: Goodbye and Good Riddance, 16 Cumb. L. Rev. 263 (1986)
Susan Woods — Real Estate Mathematics Instructor
Susan majored in mathematics and computer science and graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Delaware. At UD, she was on the Panel of Outstanding Seniors, earned the Outstanding Student Teacher award, and received the University Book Award. She is a member of the Pi Mu Epsilon, Phi Kappa Phi, and Kappa Delta Pi Honor Societies.
Susan has taught real estate math and finance in Delaware pre-licensing courses for the past eight years. She worked as a computer analyst at E. I. DuPont de Nemours and Company and Data Base Logic, developing computer and mathematical applications for scientists. She has tutored countless students in mathematics and SAT for over 25 years. Susan also taught math and reading at Cab Calloway School of the Arts in Wilmington. She is a lifelong Delawarean.
Susan enjoys making real estate math fun and interesting for students with all backgrounds and abilities in mathematics